Netflix recently released the first official trailer for the upcoming Defenders TV series.
In anticipation of that release, I thought I’d rank the current MCU Netflix series.
But first, here’s the trailer for Defenders:
Marvel Netflix Series Ranked
As I made my list, I realized that 1.) there are only 4 shows to talk about here and 2.) I ranked them in the order they were released.
It feels like there are more shows to talk about because we’ve been given so much news about the upcoming Defenders and Punisher series.
- Daredevil Season 1 – Perhaps there’s a little nostalgia kicking in here but I’m partial to ranking this series as the best so far. It introduced us to a part of the MCU that isn’t so glamorous. It also reminded us that comic book characters can be complex and extremely flawed.
- Jessica Jones – This series is almost my number one series. The only reason I don’t rank it higher is because it’s so disturbing. I felt uncomfortable watching this series and could not binge-watch it like Daredevil. This series makes you uncomfortable and it should.
- Daredevil Season 2 – In this season of Daredevil, we started to get a better understanding of the overarching plot that binds these series together. I’d have prefered this series be about Fisk getting out of prison and seeking revenge but it’s still a great one.
- Luke Cage – With Luke Cage things start to head downhill. The acting and filmography are great but I was dragged out. This series should have been filmed in 8 episodes instead of 13. I understand wanting to develop characters but it was a little too slow.
- Iron Fist – What can I say? You can’t put the ball in play every time to step up to the plate. The lack of action and the temper tantrums we see from someone who’s supposed to be the best martial artist in the world just ruined this series.
Defenders is set to release August 18, 2017 on Netflix and there are only 8 episodes. I’m hoping this will be a fast-paced series that moves the overarching story forward and doesn’t try to be a small-screen Avengers.